From November 2013, parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents are allowed to apply for longer duration Visitor visas (subclass 600) to have regular extended visits with their family in Australia without needing to apply for a new visa on each visit.
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection can consider granting multiple entry visas for parents on a case-by-case basis for up to:
- five years’ validity with a maximum stay of up to 12 months on each entry to those parents, who are outside Australia and in the Parent (subclass103) visa queue;
- three years’ validity with a maximum stay of up to 12 months on each entry to those parents outside Australia, who have had a previous Australian visa and complied with the visa conditions; and either
- have not applied
for a Parent visa; or
- have applied for a parent visa but are not yet in the Parent (subclass 103) visa queue; and
- 18 months for parents who have:
- not previously travelled to Australia; and
- have not applied for a Parent visa; or
- have applied for a Parent visa but are not yet in the Parent (subclass 103) visa queue.
The visa will have three extra visa conditions:
- Maximum 12 month stay in any 18 months: Parents cannot stay in Australia for more than 12 months on any visit or for more than 12 months in any 18-month period.
- Comprehensive Health insurance: Parents must maintain fully comprehensive health insurance while they are in Australia. Parents could be asked to provide evidence of 12 months health insurance cover when they apply.
- No further stay: Parents cannot apply for a new visa while they are in Australia. They must leave Australia no later than the date on which their visa ends.
“If simple, honest, and personalized service is what you are looking for then you need to look no further than Dr. Anna as your migration specialist.”
“We would like to extend our deepest gratitude to Dr.Anna now that our much-awaited dream of holding an Australian PR visa and re-location to Australia has come true.
We cannot express in words how delighted we are with the friendly, yet highly professional assistance we received from him. He has extensive knowledge in the field of Australian immigration law. To begin with, he gave us a complete understanding into the entire process, the documentation and timelines, so we were fully aware of the process right from the start. He was very prompt while addressing each and every issue of ours and gave us his frank opinion. We were relaxed throughout this stressful process, thanks to Anna.
If simple, honest, and personalized service is what you are looking for then you need to look no further than Dr. Anna as your migration specialist. We have already suggested his services to a couple of friends and we strongly recommend him to anyone who needs support and guidance in getting an Australian visa.”
Alan & Andrea, Mumbai, India- Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent Visa-31st January 2017