What is a 482 visa?
The Subclass 482 visa (also known as Temporary Skill Shortage visa or TSS visa) is an Australian work visa which enables employers to sponsor skilled workers from overseas when they cannot find suitably skilled Australian worker. This is a temporary work visa.
With a 482 visa:
- You can work in Australia for your sponsor for 2 or 4 years depending on the stream that you are applying
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid
- apply for permanent residence if you are eligible
There are three streams to the subclass 482 (TSS) visa:
- The Short-Term stream: For this stream of the visa, you must be sponsored to work in an occupation listed on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
- The Medium-Term stream: For this stream of the visa, you must be sponsored to work in an occupation listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- The Labour Agreement stream: For this stream, employers, who have a labour agreement with the Australian Government can nominate skilled workers.