Dr. G. Annathurai is the Director of Visa Help Australia Pty Ltd, Australia.
Anna is a highly educated professional. Following his Masters degree, he was awarded a full scholarship to pursue MPhil in Plant Breeding and Crop Improvement at the Universities of Birmingham and Reading, United Kingdom.
After completion of MPhil, he was awarded two full scholarships to pursue PhD in Plant Molecular Biology from the University of Queensland, Australia. He moved to Australia in 1996 to pursue PhD. Following his PhD, Anna worked for more than 13 years as a Research Scientist/Project Leader in Australia leading various plant molecular improvement projects. He is currently acting as the director of a research company – Plant Genetic Solutions Pty Ltd.
Anna has also completed a Graduate Certificate in Management from Southern Cross University, Australia, and a Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice from Griffith University, Australia with Distinction.
He has won several awards, scholarships and distinctions including:
- 2010 – Norman Borlaug Impact Award by Biosciences Research Division to the Molecular Pulse Breeding team
- 2006 – H. William Kerr Award for Agriculture (Tertiary level): Awarded by Australian Society of Sugarcane Technologists
- 2005 – Smart State Fellowship: Awarded one of the three prestigious fellowships to early career researchers in Queensland – awarded by the Queensland Government.
- Web Info: http://statements.cabinet.qld.gov.au/MMS/StatementDisplaySingle.aspx?id=41431
- 1996 – Overseas Postgraduate Research Scholarship from the University of Queensland, Australia
- 1996 – The University of Queensland Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Australia
- 1995 – Achieved ‘First class with Distinction’ at both the Universities of Birmingham and Reading, UK
- 1994 – The Ratcliff Prize from The University of Birmingham, UK: Awarded for securing the highest mark among the postgraduate students in the Faculty of Science.
- 1993 – The Univ. of Birmingham – Overseas Development Administration (ODA) Shared Scholarship, UK
- 1993 – K. C. Mahindra Education Trust loan scholarship, India
- 1993 – A. M. M. Arunachalam – Lakshmi Achi overseas study loan scholarship, India
- 1991 – ASPEE Agricultural Research & Development Foundation Junior Fellowship in Genetics, India
- 1983 – National Scholastic Excellence Award, India: Awarded by HMT Limited, India
- 1983 – Award of Honour, India: Awarded by the Rotary Club of Karaikal
More information regarding Anna can be found in the following Links:
2009 Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice, Griffith University, Australia
2005-2007 Graduate Certificate in Management, Southern Cross University, Australia
1996-2001 PhD – Botany (Plant Molecular Biology), The University of Queensland, Australia
1994-1995 MPhil (2nd Year) – Plant Breeding & Crop Improvement, The University of Reading, UK
1993-1994 MPhil (1st Year) – Plant Breeding & Crop Improvement, The University of Birmingham, UK
1989-1991 MSc (Agriculture) – Plant Breeding & Genetics, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India
1985-1989 BSc (Agriculture), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India
Publications (*Corresponding author)
- S. Rodda, P. Kant, K. D. Lindbeck, A. Gnanasambandam, G. J. Hollaway (2015). A high-throughput glasshouse based screening method to evaluate bacterial blight resistance in field pea (Pisum sativum). Australasian Plant Pathology, 44: 515-526. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13313-015-0374-3?no-access=true
- Haobing Li, Matthew Rodda, Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Mohammad Aftab, Robert Redden, Kristy Hobson, Garry Rosewarne, Michael Materne, Sukhjiwan Kaur, Anthony T. Slater (2015). Breeding for biotic stress resistance in chickpea: progress and prospects. Euphytica, 204: 257-288. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10681-015-1462-8#page-1
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Jeff Paull, Ana Torres, Sukhjiwan Kaur, Tony Leonforte, Haobing Li, Xuxiao Zong, Tao Yang and Michael Materne* (2012). Impact of molecular technologies on faba bean (Vicia faba) breeding strategies. Agronomy, 2: 132-166. http://www.mdpi.com/2073-4395/2/3/132
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam*, David J. Anderson, Edwina Mills, Brumbley SM* (2012). Heterologous C-terminal signals effectively target fluorescent fusion proteins to leaf peroxisomes in diverse plant species. Journal of Plant Physiology, 169: 830-833.
- David J. Anderson, Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Graham D. Bonnett, Michael G. O’Shea, Lars K. Nielsen, Stevens M. Brumbley (2011) Synthesis of short-chain-length/medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) copolymers in peroxisomes of transgenic sugarcane plants. Tropical Plant Biology 4, 170-184.
- Michael Materne, Tony Leonforte, Kristy Hobson, Jeff Paull, Annathurai Gnanasambandam (2011). Breeding for Improvement of Cool Season Food Legumes. In: Biology and Breeding of Food Legumes (Eds. Aditya Pratap, Jitendra Kumar), pp 49-62.
- Barrie Fong Chong, Edwina Mills, Graham D. Bonnett, Annathurai Gnanasambandam (2010). Early exposure to ethylene modifies shoot development and increases sucrose accumulation rate in sugarcane. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, 29: 149-163: http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&id=doi:10.1007/s00344-009-9118-3).
- Tilbrook K, Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Schenk, PM, Stevens M. Brumbley (2010). Efficient targeting of polyhydroxybutyrate (PHB) biosynthetic enzymes to plant peroxisomes requires more than three amino acids in the carboxyl-terminal signal. Journal of Plant Physiology, 167: 329-332.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam*, David J. Anderson, Matthew P. Purnell, Lars K. Nielsen, Stevens M. Brumbley* (2008). The N-terminal presequence from F1-ATPase β-subunit of Nicotiana plumbaginifolia efficiently targets green fluorescent fusion protein to the mitochondria in diverse commercial crops. Functional Plant Biology, 35: 166-170.
- Stevens M. Brumbley, Snyman SJ, Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Priya Joyce et al. (2008). Sugarcane. In: Kole C, Hall TC (eds) A Compendium of Transgenic Crop Plants. Transgenic Sugar, Tuber and Fiber Crops, Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, UK, pp 1-58.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam*, Polkinghorne IG, Robert G. Birch (2007). Heterologous signals allow efficient targeting of a nuclear-encoded fusion protein to plastids and endoplasmic reticulum in diverse plant species. Plant Biotechnology Journal, 5: 290-296.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam*, Robert G. Birch (2006). Isolation of protoplasts and vacuoles from sugarcane suspension and stem parenchyma cells. In: Proceedings of the Australian Society of Sugarcane Technologists Volume 28 (Hogarth, D. M., ed) Mackay: ASSCT. (Republished in Sugar Cane International 24, 18–23).
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Robert G. Birch (2004). Efficient developmental mis-targeting by the sporamin NTPP vacuolar signal to plastids in young leaves of sugarcane and Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Reports, 23: 435-447.
- Annathurai Gnanasambandam, Robert G. Birch (2001). The challenge of protein targeting to the sugarcane vacuole for metabolic engineering. In: Proceedings of the International Society of Sugarcane Technologists XXIV Congress, Brisbane, September 2001, Volume II (Hogarth, D. M., ed) Mackay: ASSCT, pp.663-665.
Anna gets personal satisfaction through his migration business when he helps his clients to achieve their ambition. His passion is to provide simple and honest advice and personalised service. This is reflected in the testimonials given by his clients – Please see the testimonials page for further information.
“Anna is a friend in need and an immigration agent with supreme proficiency: a reliable professional, fully confident, sincere and amicable gentleman”
“I take the pleasure to write a few words about Dr Anna: a reliable professional, fully confident, sincere and amicable gentleman.
I owe my gratitude and appreciation to Dr Anna for his professional service, which made the rather difficult and anxious application process enjoyable.
I would specially like to thank him for guiding me and my wife very efficiently and provide service that suits our need.
I am thankful to Dr Anna for understanding my situations; process the documents with utmost sincerity which helped my family to get permanent residency in Australia relatively quick time.
If you are looking for a reliable, responsible, customized service that suits your need, Dr Anna would be the best person for your visa application.”
Dr. Kazi, General Practitioner, Australia – 2016
“His response and way of working towards queries resolutions was outstanding.”
“We want to give thanks to Dr. Annathurai for his right guidance and great professional advice towards our successful PR VISA.
Dr. Annathurai is very proactive and thoughtful. As the Visa process is extremely stressful and documentation heavy, Dr. Annathurai gave the pre-requisite VISA checklist to us well in advance before each stage so that we can be ready with entire documentation without any delay.
We, the family got the Australia PR within decent timeframe of 7 months including all the three stages of VISA i.e. Skill Assessment, Expression of Interest and final VISA application. We had queries at all the stages and contacted Anna for providing guidance. His response and way of working towards queries resolutions was outstanding. Under the guidance of Mr. Annathurai, we prepared strong documentation and due to this reason only, we did not receive a single query by the Australian Immigration officer for VISA. On the day when the Case officer was assigned for our case, VISA was granted.
He is a registered MARA consultant for Australia and equipped with the knowledge / expertise of all sort of legal and immigration cases.
It also amazed us that he was handling all the VISA related processing from people all over the world with help of Whatsapp, emails and phone calls. When we were thinking about the PR, we needed to choose the right consultant for the same. We had contacted various immigrations agents, spent multiple days and finally decided to take consultation from Dr. Annathurai, Director ‘VISA HELP AUSTRALIA’ for our PR. Again thanks Anna for making our dream successful.
I definitely want to recommend Dr. Annathurai for his VISA immigration services to aspiring candidates and started doing the same.”
Richa and Vivek, Mumbai, India – Subclass 189 Visa – 18 April 2016
Migration Agents Registration Number – Visa Help
Ms. Michelle Boutin is a Senior Migration Agent with Visa Help Australia Pty Ltd, Australia.
Michelle is a dedicated Migration professional and has been a registered Migration Agent since 2004. Having worked in large migration firms for many years, she is now focussed more on individual client needs with Visa Help Australia. Michelle was selected in 2015 to tutor and teach the Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice programme at the esteemed Australian National University. Her dedication to her migration law students was recognised for a teaching award in her first year of teaching.
Having a scientific background, she is well-placed to assist applicants with academic, technical and medical qualifications and experience in their visa applications. Michelle is a believer in life-long learning and has completed ongoing annual Migration Law professional development and a Master degree in Human Nutrition out of personal interest.
Michelle looks forward to assisting you with your Australian migration journey.
She has won several awards, scholarships and distinctions including:
- 2017 – Master of Human Nutrition with High Distinction, Deakin University, Australia
- 2015- Teaching Award Nominee, Migration Law Program, Australian National University, Australia
- 2008 -Queensland Business Woman of the Year, Manager-Director category, Deloitte Australia, Awarded for significant growth and development of the Queensland immigration practice
- 2003 Outstanding contribution to business practice, Fragomen Australia for contributions to national business growth and operations
- 2001 Business development award, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Australia
- 1992 Calgary Teacher’s Union Scholarship, Canada
- 1992 Alexander Rutherford Scholarship, Canada
- 1992 University of Calgary Entrance Scholarship, Canada
More information regarding Michelle can be found in the following Link:
2012-2017 Master of Human Nutrition (High Distinction), Deakin University, Australia
2007 Stepping up to Management certificate, Harvard Business School, USA
2002-2003 Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice, University of New South Wales, Australia
1992-1997 BSc (Zoology and Ecology), University of Calgary, Canada
Michelle believes in maintaining a collaborative approach to advisory and consultancy work with the aim of assisting clients to manage their visa matters efficiently and compliantly while maintaining the level of flexibility needed to meet evolving business and legislative requirements. She wants to help you and your business, or family, navigate the immigration minefield to provide a seamless service. This is reflected in the testimonials given by her former clients – Please see the testimonials page for further information.
“Michelle Boutin is the consummate professional from the first time we connected. She is a keen listener and highly knowledgeable as she keeps herself up-to-do with the ever-changing policies. I was very assured throughout the entire process of the renewal of my visa and was never stressed because I knew I was in very capable hands. I would highly recommend Michelle.”
“I would like to recommend Michelle to anyone who becomes fortunate enough to meet her from a business and personal point of view…Michelle helped and guided me through any requirements I needed to understand the visa and tax laws over in Australia and made a difficult subject come across as very easy and understanding…Michelle helped me in her personal time and gave me sound advice which has given me great confidence. To sum it up Michelle has a professional and friendly nature and would be an outstanding asset to any company that employed her.”
“There are a lot of people and companies out there who provide immigration services but very few deliver the level of service that Michelle consistently does. She knows her stuff and is committed to providing great service and can work with the requirements that come from different organisations. She is one of the best and it is my great pleasure to recommend her.”
To read other team testimonials, please visit our testimonials page