Barrister Australia ANZSCO271111:
- Are you a Barrister? Are you planning for Australian immigration?
- If you would like to immigrate to Australia as a Barrister, you will need to first decide which visa would be a suitable visa for you to apply.
- Please check if your selected occupation is on any one of the skilled occupation lists
- If your occupation is on any one of the lists, you may be eligible to apply for an Australian migration visa.
Barrister Australia ANZSCO 271111:
Pleads cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals. Registration or licensing is required.
- Queen’s Counsel
- Senior Counsel (Aus)
Group: 2711 Barristers
plead cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals.
- receiving written information in the form of briefs and verbal instructions concerning cases from Solicitors, other specialist Legal Professionals and clients
- providing advice and written opinions on points of law
- conferring with clients and witnesses in preparation for court proceedings
- drawing up pleadings, affidavits and other court documents
- researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- outlining the facts to the court, calling and questioning witnesses, and making addresses to the court to argue a client’s case
- providing opinion on complex legal issues
- may draw up or settle documents
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations in this Group