Psychiatrist Australia ANZSCO 712211:
- Are you a Psychiatrist? Are you planning for Australian immigration?
- If you would like to immigrate to Australia as a Psychiatrist, you will need to first decide which visa would be a suitable visa for you to apply.
- Please check if your selected occupation is on any one of the skilled occupation lists
- If your occupation is on any one of the lists, you may be eligible to apply for an Australian migration visa.
Psychiatrist Australia ANZSCO 253411:
Diagnoses, assesses, treats and prevents human mental, emotional and behavioural disorders. Registration or licensing is required.
- Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Child Psychiatrist
- Forensic Psychiatrist
- Geriatric Psychiatrist
- Medical Psychotherapist
Group: 2534 Psychiatrists
diagnose, assess, treat and prevent human mental, emotional and behavioural disorders. Psychiatric Registrars training as Psychiatrists are included in this unit group.
- assessing patients’ mental and physical status to determine the nature and extent of mental, emotional and behavioural disorders
- assessing patients’ medical, psychiatric and psychological histories
- examining patients to determine general physical condition
- ordering laboratory tests, imaging, neuropsychological tests and other diagnostic procedures
- examining the results of tests and examinations to determine the most appropriate forms of treatment
- prescribing and administering medication, psychotherapy, and other physical treatments and rehabilitation programs
- arranging admission to hospitals and providing in-patient treatment
- consulting, supervising and working with other Medical Practitioners and Health Professionals
- determining whether patients require involuntary treatment in accordance with relevant mental health acts
- assisting courts and other statutory bodies in managing patients in legal and forensic settings
- teaching medical students and registrars, and assessing their progress by administering tests
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations in this Group