Refuge Worker Australia

Refuge Worker Australia ANZSCO  423413:

  • Are you a Refuge Worker? Are you planning for Australian immigration?
  • If you would like to immigrate to Australia as a Refuge Worker, you will need to first decide which visa would be a suitable visa for you to apply.
  • Please check if your selected occupation is on any one of the skilled occupation lists
  • If your occupation is on any one of the lists, you may be eligible to apply for an Australian migration visa.

Refuge Worker Australia ANZSCO 423413:


Provides services and support to people seeking assistance in a refuge.

Skill Level


Group: 4234 Special Care Workers


provide care and supervision for children and young people in residential and institutional facilities, and provide care and support to people in refuges.


  • planning and implementing programs of supervision and care for children and young people in residential care
  • supervising and arranging activities to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children and young people in residential care
  • waking children and young people and ensuring they are washed, dressed, fed and ready for educational and recreational activities
  • supervising children and young people during domestic activities such as eating meals and showering
  • maintaining discipline, enforcing regulations and behaviour standards, compiling disciplinary reports and assisting in implementing remedial measures
  • organising refuge accommodation
  • providing emotional support to residents of refuges
  • referring residents of refuges for health and welfare assistance
  • ensuring security of refuge

Skill Level

Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
In Australia:
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)

In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)

At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.

Occupations in this Group

  • 423411 Child or Youth Residential Care Assistant
  • 423412 Hostel Parent
  • 423413 Refuge Worker