Surgeon (General) Australia ANZSCO 253511:
- Are you a Surgeon (General)? Are you planning for Australian immigration?
- If you would like to immigrate to Australia as a Surgeon (General), you will need to first decide which visa would be a suitable visa for you to apply.
- Please check if your selected occupation is on any one of the skilled occupation lists
- If your occupation is on any one of the lists, you may be eligible to apply for an Australian migration visa.
Surgeon Australia ANZSCO 253511:
Performs surgery to correct diseases and disorders covering a broad range of medical conditions. Registration or licensing is required.
Surgeon (General) Australia: Group: 2535 Surgeons
perform surgery to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, and improve human functioning and appearance. Medical Registrars training as Surgeons are included in this unit group.
- examining patients to determine the necessity of operations, estimating and explaining risks to patients, and selecting the best operational procedures
- reviewing reports on patients’ general physical condition, reactions to medications and medical histories
- consulting with Anaesthetists regarding the correct anaesthesia for patients
- performing surgical operations
- examining instruments, equipment, and surgical set-up to ensure that antiseptic and aseptic methods have been followed
- instructing other medical, nursing and associated staff regarding the preparation of patients and instrument and equipment requirements
- prescribing post-operative care, and observing and investigating patients’ progress
- maintaining records of operations performed
- may specialise in particular types of operations
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years’ hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Surgeon (General) Australia: Occupations in this Group
- 253511 Surgeon (General)
- 253512 Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- 253513 Neurosurgeon
- 253514 Orthopaedic Surgeon
- 253515 Otorhinolaryngologist
- 253516 Paediatric Surgeon
- 253517 Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
- 253518 Urologist
- 253521 Vascular Surgeon